A sparkling white smile
Teeth whitening is a simple and cost-effective procedure that can make a big difference to your smile. By removing stains and brightening your teeth, whitening lifts your smile and can boost your confidence. As our teeth become stained over time through what you eat and drink, brightening them gives your smile a more youthful and attractive look.
Our ethos is that everyone can have a nice smile. The majority of people’s issues stem from the colour of their teeth, which can be yellow, dark or just stained. Whitening or bleaching brings back the natural tooth colour and can restore the shade beyond the natural colour.
Causes of discolouration
Primary and adult teeth differ in colour as adult teeth become darker due to changes in the mineral structure of the tooth as the enamel becomes less porous. What you eat and drink will also affect the tooth colour. Causes include:
- Bacterial pigments
- Food stuffs, carotenoids and xanthenoids
- Coloured liquids like tea, coffee and red wine
- Chlorhexidene mouthwash
- Antibiotics- Tetracyclines
- Enamel defects ad hypolplasia
- Trauma to the tooth
Teeth Whitening Method
We start with a thorough assessment to check your dental health and suitability for whitening. Next impressions are taken for the home bleaching trays.
Zoom Whitening in-practice
- Isolation of gums
- Application of Zoom bleaching gel
- Activation of the gel with a Zoom light
- Fitting of the trays for the home maintenance kit
We supply you with custom made trays and enough whitening gel to complete the treatment at home to reach the optimal tooth shade.
Teeth Whitening FAQs
The bleaching agent is either carbamide peroxide, which breaks down in the mouth to form hydrogen peroxide, or hydrogen peroxide itself.
- The home bleaching gel typically contains between 10% and 44% carbamide peroxide, which is roughly equivalent to a 3% to 16% hydrogen peroxide concentration.
- In Office gel contains 15% carbamide peroxide = 6% Hydrogen Peroxide gel.
- Some temporary sensitivity can be felt, however in over 20 years of tooth whitening we have only ever experienced sensitivity on rare occasions.
- Pain where gums have receded and dental tubules are exposed – we never bleach these areas and protect the exposed dentine with a barrier gel during treatment.
- We also supply special toothpastes and gels to reduce sensitivity.
- Mild irritation to the gums.
- Tooth whitening does not damage the tooth surface but excessive bleaching can be harmful to the enamel surface.
Book a 15 minute Zoom whitening consultation with one of our hygienists or dentists where we will assess your smile. We may take the initial impressions at this stage for the home bleaching kit. Our in office Zoom Whitening procedure lasts 90 minutes.
Book a 15 minute Zoom whitening consultation with one of our hygienists or dentists where we will assess your smile.
|Whitening with Zoom in-practice method||£580|
|At home whitening only||£390|