Our ethos is that everyone can have a nice smile. The majority of peopleâ€™s issues stem from the colour of their teeth, which can be yellow, dark or just stained. Whitening or bleaching brings back the natural tooth colour and can restore the shade beyond the natural colour. Primary and adult teeth differ in colour as adult teeth become darker due to changes in the mineral structure of the tooth as the enamel becomes less porous.
Causes of discolouration:
- Bacterial pigments
- Food stuffs, carotenoids and xanthenoids
- Coloured liquids like tea, coffee and red wine
- Chlorhexidene mouthwash
- Antibiotics- Tetracyclines
- Enamel defects ad hypolplasia
Most Suitable smiles:
- Natural tooth surfaces â€“ Yellow teeth respond the best
- Tetracycline discoloration â€“ More intensive treatment needed
- Artificial tooth surfaces like crowns, large bonded fillings.
- Thorough assessment to check dental health and suitability for whitening.
- Impressions for home bleaching trays.
- Zoom Whitening with home back up kit: Isolation of gums Application of Zoom bleaching gel Activation of the gel with a Zoom light Fitting of home maintenance kit.
The bleaching agent is either carbamide peroxide, which breaks down in the mouth to form hydrogen peroxide, or hydrogen peroxide itself. The home bleaching gel typically contains between 10% and 44% carbamide peroxide, which is roughly equivalent to a 3% to 16% hydrogen peroxide concentration. In Office gel: 15% carbamide peroxide = 6% Hydrogen Peroxide gel.
- Temporary sensitivity. In 20 years of tooth whitening we have only ever experienced sensitivity on rare occasions.
- Pain where gums have receded and dental tubules are exposed. We never bleach these areas and protect the exposed dentine with a barrier gel during treatment. We also supply special toothpastes and gels to reduce sensitivity.
- Mild irritation to the gums.
- Book a 15 minute Zoom whitening consultation with one of our Hygienists or Dentists where we will assess your smile. We may take the initial impressions at this stage for the home bleaching kit.
- Our in office Zoom Whitening procedure lasts 90 minutes.
- Monday 9:00 – 7:30pm
- Tuesday 9:00 – 5:30pm
- Wednesday 9:00 – 7:30pm
- Thursday 9:00 – 7:30pm
- Friday 9:00 – 5:00pm
- Saturday 8:30 – 1:00pm